So far we have learned why you need Facebook Ads, how to set the ads up, and how to determine if your Facebook ads are working. In Blog #4 we are going to cover Facebook Live and why restoration companies need to consider adding this social media tool to their marketing plan.
- If you have read my previous blogs, you know I am a big fan of Facebook. If you don’t have a Facebook company account, you need one. I promise your business, and bottom line will thank you.
What Is Video Marketing?
What is video marketing? You guessed it, using the power of video to advertise your company, products, or services. Videos, such as ones produced by Facebook Live, can incorporate into almost all of your marketing channels – social media, landing pages, search, and email. This diversification makes videos an excellent tool for all of your marketing efforts, and cost effective too. For this blog, I am going to focus on the social media channel.
Check out the latest benchmarks on Video Marketing
What Is Facebook Live?
One of the best ways to connect with future and existing customers is video. People love videos. And with over 1.9 billion daily users and 50% of those users following a business, Facebook is one the easiest and most profitable ways to advertise.
According to a New York Magazine poll of 1000 people 80% would rather watch live video from a brand than read a blog. Eighty-two percent prefer live video from a brand to social posts.
Realizing the high potential for videos, especially live video, Facebook created Facebook Live. What is Facebook Live you ask? Facebook Live is a feature on Facebook where you can stream videos as you film them. Think of it as a live newscast or TV show, but instead of on the TV, the broadcast is live and in real time on your Facebook business account.
Here are the latest Facebook Live statistics
- Branded Facebook videos have a 13% organic reach and 6.3% engagement rate for branded Facebook videos (Instagram’s highest is 3.3%)
- There are 100 million hours of Facebook videos watched every day
- Facebook live videos are watched 3x longer than regular videos
- Facebook videos are viewed 8 billion times a day – 100% growth in 6 months
- People watch the majority of videos without sound – 85% (which means you need content that gets the message across in silence)
It is hard to find something not to like about Facebook Live.
What Are The Benefits Of Facebook Live?
How do the above statistics turn into increased sales and leads? There are many advantages of using Facebook Live for your restoration company or any business for that matter. Here are the top 10 benefits that I think are most relevant to the restoration industry:
- Helps future and existing clients to get to know you better
- Higher engagement
- Increase in leads and sales
- Content is easy to repurpose
- Cost-effective video strategy
- Connect with your audience directly
- Increases awareness around community events
- Drives more traffic to your Facebook pages
- You see real-time engagement
- Increases SEO
You may ask, “All these reasons and statistics sound great, but what does this mean for my bottom line?” If there is one thing I want you to take away from this blog, it is video marketing, and specifically Facebook Live is a cost-effective way to advertise and market your restoration company.
The most challenging part of video marketing is deciding what content to use, what topics to cover, and how to make your video strategy fit into your broader marketing goals. There are so many opportunities within the restoration industry to use video and combined with the relative low cost of Facebook, the situation is almost win-win.
In my next blog, I cover the step by step process of setting up a Facebook Live video. The process is relativity easy, so don’t be intimidated or overwhelmed at the thought of streaming a video through your phone or computer. I am there to help you.
Additional Questions on Using Social Media?
Contact us today to discuss how our social media management services would best help you stay ahead of the competition for your restoration or construction company in today’s fast paced, always changing digital marketing world.